[FREE] Smart Car Coding Enrichment Program
Free STEM program to all kids grades 5 - 7. Learn to code through self-driving robots! Space limited to 20 students,
TUE, MAR 10, 3:30pm - 5:30pm
TUE, MAR 17, 3:30pm - 5:30pm
TUE, MAR 24, 3:30pm - 5:30pm
ENROLL BY MARCH 1st:
To enroll, email email@example.com. Be sure to include, student's name, age, school, signed permission slip.
Parents permission is required and must be received by March 1st to be eligible. Click here to download the permission slip.
Mail $40 (refundable) deposit to HHTDEF, 1 grand Tour, Highlands, NJ 07732. Please read specific rules on the Permission slip. Make check payable HHTDEF.
Smart Car Coding Enrichment Program
WHO? For students in grades 5-7
WHAT? Free STEM enrichment program
WHEN? March 10, 17 & 24, 3:30PM - 5:30PM
WHERE? Henry Hudson Regional School, Highlands, NJ
WHY? To support advancement in STEAM knowledge among Highlands & Atlantic Highlands Students.
Sponsored by the Henry Hudson Tri-District Education Foundation.
Students begin the Smart Car Coding Program by learning the basis of what coding is, the meanings of the basic software functions, and learning step-by-step to test the robotic sensor functions.
Mentors will then allow students to apply their new knowledge by coding their robot to complete a road test simulation. Students will have to complete tasks such as changing lanes, staying on the road, avoiding pedestrians, and more!
Lastly, students get the freedom to create their own freestyle themed code, bringing it together with their prior code to compete in a final competition!
Program Quick Facts:
- Eligible for 5th through 7th grade students.
- Space limited to 20 students.
- Transportation to and from Henry Hudson Regional is the responsibility of the attendee.
- This is a FREE program. However, because the program is limited to 20 students, a $40 deposit is required to enroll. The deposit will be returned after the completion of the program. If the student misses 1 class, the $40 deposit will be forfeited.
- Enrollment deadline is March 1, 2020.
- Enroll by emailing your student's info + permission slip to firstname.lastname@example.org and mailing your deposit to HHTDEF, 1 grand Tour, Highlands, NJ 07732..